Pages

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Endless Dreams

This morning I went to school as usual. Walking along the familiar road, I enjoyed the blue sky and clear air, while I suddenly realized that next week I would be sitting in the classroom of Zhejiang University and would never walk along this road again. A little sadness came to me and reminded me of the similar feeling when I left Guizhou last summer.

In 2009, I went to a remote mountain village in Guizhou Province and taught in a primary school as a volunteer during my summer holiday. People there were friendly, simple and honest. They treated us as their important guests or their own children. I loved my little students very much and developed a deep feeling with them. When the summer holiday ended, I had to go back to Zhejiang. My little friends made many gifts for me and cried sadly when we said goodbye.

After I came back to the school, I missed the village very much. Sometimes, I felt it was just a beautiful dream but I never wanted to wake up.
While I was taking this program here, I was fascinated by the beautiful nature and moved by the friendly people. Sometimes, I felt my life in the past was just a dream. Everyday I was busy studying and improving different skills, but I couldn't find their meaning. In my opinion, the nature and people's true love are the greatest things in the world. However, we couldn't get them just through learning from the schools or books and experiencing might be a better way for us to understand the world around us.

Partly because of this, I took the chance to get here. Through the short three weeks, I have learned a lot about the culture, the language and the people. People in York are very kind and they live in harmony with the nature. Even pets and wild birds can get respect here. I really love this atmosphere and want to live longer to learn more about it. However, it’s time to say goodbye again and I’m sure that I will miss the lovely city and the lovely people here.




Dreams will continue...

Endless

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure whether you will ever read this, but If you do.....

    I'm so glad you were happy in York and the village you taught in sounds wonderful. All these experiences form our lives and enrich us in many ways.

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete